Selenium Robot Framework Element Locator


Locating elements on the website under test is very important for all keywords in Selenium2Library to interact with the element. In general, finding an element on the page take an argument, locator. By default, when a locator is provided, it is matched against the key attribute of the particular element type. For example, id and name are key attribute to all elements, and locating elements is easy using just the id as a locator. 
When id or name is not present, Selenium2Library supports other strategies to locate the element. See the chart below for other strategies: 
Locator
Example
Description
identifier
Click Element | identifier=my_element
Matches by @id or @name attribute
id
Click Element | id=my_element
Matches by @id attribute
name
Click Element | name=my_element
 Matches by @name attribute
xpath
Click Element | xpath=//div[@id='my_element']
Matches with arbitrary XPath expression
dom
Click Element | dom=document.images[56]
Matches with arbitrary DOM express
link
Click Element | link=My Link
Matches anchor elements by their link text
css
Click Element | css=div.my_class
Matches by CSS selector
jquery
Click Element | jquery=div.my_class
Matches by jQuery/sizzle selector
sizzle
Click Element | sizzle=div.my_class
Matches by jQuery/sizzle selector
tag
Click Element | tag=div
Matches by HTML tag name